- Nadine Rott, Bernd W Böttiger, and Andrew Lockey.
- Department of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany.
- Curr Opin Crit Care. 2021 Dec 1; 27 (6): 663-667.
Purpose Of ReviewSudden out-of-hospital cardiac arrest (OHCA) is still one of the top reasons for death in industrialized countries. Bystander resuscitation rates differ significantly across the world despite bystanders being easily able to save lives in this situation. In the 4 years since initiation of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) World Restart a Heart (WRAH), the initiative helped educating millions of people and thus enabled them to save lives.Recent FindingsWRAH Day has gained more and more reach, partners and impact over the years. It has the potential of saving hundreds of thousands of lives, changing legislation and inspiring research. During the last year, new strategies had to be developed because of the COVID-pandemic. The importance of educating laypeople is underlined in recent publications and international guidelines.SummaryThe WRAH awareness campaign has reached 194 countries and more than 200 million people in the last years. The success of it could even be kept going in the pandemic due to social media and digital/virtual programmes. International guidelines recommend raising awareness and name ILCOR WRAH as a way to do it.Copyright © 2021 Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. All rights reserved.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..