- Feng Su and Yonglu Tian.
- Peking-Tsinghua Center for Life Sciences, Academy for Advanced Interdisciplinary Studies, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China.
- Neuroscience. 2022 May 21; 491: 1-12.
AbstractAccurate and efficient non-rigid registration is important to investigate neural mechanisms in multi-session two-photon (2p) imaging across a few days. The 2p imaging recordings from different sessions usually possess certain complex misalignment or huge data variance due to relocation errors during experimental operations or brain recovery. Most of the reported neural image registration tools were able to solve the registration problem in the same session with small deformation. However, the registration of neural images across multi-sessions remains a challenge. In this study, we report the development of a non-rigid registration method for 2p imaging in mice based on image triangulation and piecewise affine transformation (TPAT) technologies. The TPAT method supported both automatic and semi-automatic operation types, and both showed great performance in the benchmark test of non-rigid neural image registration. The proposed method constitutes a step forward in promoting and accelerating discoveries from multi-session 2p imaging research.Copyright © 2022 IBRO. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..