Randomized Controlled Trial Comparative Study Clinical Trial
- K Terasako and M Yamamoto.
- Division of Anesthesia, Kyoto Katsura Hospital, Japan.
- Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2000 Mar 1; 44 (3): 311-2.
BackgroundWe have compared the effects of pethidine, pentazocine and placebo in the treatment of post-anesthetic shivering.MethodsForty-five patients who shivered after routine surgery were allocated randomly to receive normal saline (n=15), pentazocine 7.5 mg (n=15) or pethidine 17.5 mg (n=15).ResultsAfter 10 min, 13 patients had stopped shivering in the pethidine group, which was significantly more than the incidence in the two other groups (placebo=2; pentazocine=4) (P<0.01). Pentazocine was not significantly different from normal saline in affecting shivering.ConclusionWe conclude that pentazocine 7.5 mg was not effective in the treatment of post-anesthetic shivering.
This article appears in the collection: Pethidine/Meperidine.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..