- T Sawa and L Ohno-Machado.
- Decisions Systems Group, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA, USA.
- Proc AMIA Symp. 2001 Jan 1:593-7.
AbstractWe present a prototype of a decision support system for anesthesia that applies set covering theory. The system is designed to generate dynamically configured check-lists for intra-operative problems. These lists have the potential to help anesthesiologists detect and manage problems in a timely manner. The items in the lists consist of major complications that should be considered for a particular case. A set covering algorithm that accommodates multiple problem sets was used to implement the prototype. A simulated case and the system behavior are presented. The ultimate goals of a system such as the one presented are to function as an intelligent alarm module for electronic monitors and to facilitate the task of correcting intra-operative problems.
This article appears in the collection: Decision support tools in anesthesia.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..