- John C Drummond, Raymond N Englander, and Catherine J Gallo.
- Department of Anesthesiology, The University of California, San Diego; VA Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA. email@example.com
- Anesth. Analg. 2006 Mar 1;102(3):896-9.
AbstractA 58-yr-old patient sustained a cerebral ischemic injury in the distribution of the carotid artery ipsilateral to retraction during an anterior cervical discectomy. Relative hypotension was permitted during the anesthetic. Angiography revealed an anatomic variant of the circle of Willis that resulted in minimal collateralizaton of the left internal carotid artery territory. The combination of that vascular variant with relative hypotension and some degree of carotid compression appears to have resulted in clinically significant cerebral ischemia.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..