Review Case Reports
- H Moore and K Romeril.
- Department of Haematology, Wellington Hospital, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Intern Med J. 2011 Apr 1; 41 (4): 348-50.
AbstractMultiple myeloma rarely presents with a fever of unknown origin and diagnosis may be delayed. We describe a case of myeloma presenting in this way with raised serum-free light chains and TP53 deletion on cytogenetics. The patient developed thrombotic thrombocytopenia purpura (TTP) following bortezomib therapy but recovered spontaneously and was successfully re-challenged. We believe this is only the second case to describe this phenomenon post-bortezomib and the first to rechallenge the patient successfully without further recurrence of TTP. Possible mechanisms for this successful rechallenge are discussed.© 2011 The Authors. Internal Medicine Journal © 2011 Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..