- Allison M Blatz and Adrienne G Randolph.
- Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 3401 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA.
- Crit Care Clin. 2022 Jul 1; 38 (3): 571586571-586.
AbstractSevere complications related to COVID-19 occur infrequently in children and adolescents. these life-threatening complications are mainly acute respiratory failure from acute COVID-19 and multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C). MIS-C is a postinfectious complication occurring approximately 3 to 6 weeks mostly after an asymptomatic or mild SARS-CoV-2 infection. For both types of complications, supportive ICU care is often required. For MIS-C critical illness, immunomodulation is prescribed to reverse hyperinflammation and its cardiac and other sequelae.Copyright © 2022 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..