In this single biggest study to date of 3,000 women undergoing elective Caesarean section under general anaesthesia with the LMA ® ProSeal™, there was only one case of regurgitation, and no aspiration.summary
- B K Halaseh, Z F Sukkar, L Haj Hassan, A T H Sia, W A Bushnaq, and H Adarbeh.
- Department of Anesthesia, Farah Hospital, Amman, Jordan.
- Anaesth Intensive Care. 2010 Nov 1;38(6):1023-8.
AbstractRapid sequence induction is currently the recommended technique in general anaesthesia for caesarean section. However, the usefulness of the ProSeal laryngeal mask airway as a rescue airway in the event of difficult or failed intubation has been recognised in numerous case reports. In this study, we report the experience of the use of the ProSeal laryngeal mask in 3000 elective caesarean sections in a single centre, using a method of insertion that allows a rapid establishment of a patent airway together with gastric drainage.
This article appears in the collection: Supraglottic airways, laryngeal masks and general anaesthesia Caesarean section.
Do you have a pearl, summary or comment to save or share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..