- C Verghese, T G Smith, and E Young.
- Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading.
- Anaesthesia. 1993 Jan 1; 48 (1): 58-60.
AbstractPatients undergoing anaesthesia in which the laryngeal mask airway was used were prospectively audited over a 6-month period. A simple record sheet was completed at the time of anaesthetic administration and 2359 completed forms were analysed to assess problems encountered with its use. It was used successfully in 2350 patients (99.61%); of these, 1399 patients (59%) breathed spontaneously through the airway and 960 patients (41%) underwent intermittent positive pressure ventilation of the lungs. Two patients (0.08%) were reported to have regurgitated during the use of the laryngeal mask airway, but no serious sequelae associated with its use were encountered.
Knowledge, pearl, summary or comment to share?
You can also include formatting, links, images and footnotes in your notes
- Simple formatting can be added to notes, such as
- Superscript can be denoted by
- Numbered or bulleted lists can be created using either numbered lines
1. 2. 3., hyphens
- Links can be included with:
[my link to pubmed](http://pubmed.com)
- Images can be included with:
![alt text](https://bestmedicaljournal.com/study_graph.jpg "Image Title Text")
- For footnotes use
[^1](This is a footnote.)inline.
- Or use an inline reference
[^1]to refer to a longer footnote elseweher in the document
[^1]: This is a long footnote..